Monday, September 29, 2008

Zuchinni Bread...otherwise known as "cake"

Today I whipped up a little zuchinni bread for our "dessert" after dinner. This was presented as cake and loved by all! I'll share the receipe if you'd like some too. I'll be putting it in Ethan's lunchbox for his afternoon snack this week, if it makes it through the night!

Grate a med-large zuchinni (I used an organic, feel free to use your choice)
1 c. sugar ( I used organic raw sugar)
1 egg
1/4 c. oil ( I used organic canola oil)
1 1/4 c. flour (I used organic whole wheat)
1t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. nutmeg
I also threw in about 3-4 T. Brown Cow vanilla yogurt - one of my favorite baking ingred. these days. I put it in my banana bread. Great flavor and added moisture!

Mix the grated zuch. with sugar and egg. Add oil. Add dry that have been mixed together. Throw in yogurt if you desire. Also you can add walnuts (yum!). I was out and my younger doesn't like.

Bake at 350 until it is done.

Don't you love my technical baking terms and measurements! So sorry for those anal measurers and directions followers out there. Remember I'm a wing it girl!

Shredded carrots would also be good in this receipe. A great way to get those veggies in them!

If you must cream cheese spread on this bread would be wonderful too! Ok, I'm going to go finish the mini loaf now!

No comments: