Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sore From Head to Toe!

I pride myself in being the girl who faithfully attends Body Pump class and various other exercise activities an average of 3 times a week at my local GOLD's gym.  I still have visions of the 25 year old woman that graduated from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) a mere 14 years ago!  She rocked!  Could she ever return?

Well, when GOLD's advertised a 6 week 3X a week Boot Camp I decided I was up for the challenge.  We started this past Monday and again on Wednesday.  In a sick twisted way I am LOVING it!  We are outside down and dirty with push ups, sprints and all the good pain producing exercising.  Today this soon to be 39 body is sore from head to toe!  I'm feeling every muscle pushed to its max.  Our trainer says this is the easy week!

I've got 5-6 pounds of "side meat" I want to lose.  I will keep you all informed as to how this quest continues.  Perhaps inspire some of you to make some changes too!  Push ups, jumping jacks  and running are FREE!  Available to everyone!  You can even do them with your kids.  My kids are fired up for my boot camp and are cheering me on.  

OK, so some of you are rolling your eyes and thinking unkind words about me now.  I just want to urge each one of you to be the best you can be.  Set good examples for your kids.  Give them lifelong habits.  One third of all kids today will develop diabetes by the time they are 30!

Health and Nutrition is one of my passions.  I don't think I share that enough on this blog.  I love pretty things, good bargains and decorating.  But, I also like to change the lives of people forever by educating them on health and nutrition.  

Have a great day....start by dropping and giving me just one good pushup!  Dare you!

2 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher said...

You go girl. I worked out with a trainer for the very first time (I'm lame) last week, & couldn't walk for several days. What's that tell you?!
I feel you pain, yes I do!!

sassy seamstress said...

i'm so jealous. i would love to be there.