Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Thoughts

Anyone else daydreaming that this was were you were right now?  I am!  

Instead I sit at my kitchen table while my meat is browning and my pasta is cooking.  I've got two (yes, two!) greasy pony tails, my wife beater tank and gray sweatpants shorts, and my skin is greasy from my sunblock at the pool.  

Remember a few weeks ago when school was ending and we were all so excited for the summer?  I envisioned days of lounging at the pool with the kids after I efficiently completed my morning chores.  Oh yes, that life was just a few short weeks away.  

Now it seems I longing for the structured days of school, missing our routine, my alone time in which I could grocery shop, run errands, etc.  My efficient mornings have become referee sessions and constant pantry and refrigerator raids.  Are they ever full?  Do they even like each other?  Is everyone else's house the same?

Why is the grass always greener on the other side?  I guess life will always be the constant struggle for contentment in the moment.


No comments: