Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shutter Revamp

I'm always redoing the shutter in my living room. Here is a look at it during the holidays...

I still had 2 L. Herberts I needed to do something with so I got a little crafty this week. I took one of my .49 cent saucers from Goodwill and a feather Christmas ornament and hot glued the ornament onto the plate.
Next I affixed...rigged...whatever term you want to use...the plate to the shutter. I actually took some of the picture hanging Velcro tabs and adhered them to various places on the bottom of the plate and then "stuck" them to the shutter. So far it is holding!

I then spray painted some cheap frames with Valspar Sky Blue spray paint. I'm in love with the color, but thinking it may be a bit bright. I'm going to leave it for now and then perhaps tone it down a little when I need a change. I moved my T from my shelves and added it to the top.


Here is a final look from afar. I'm digging it for the moment...but you know change is always imminent right?








1 comment:

Ruth Ann said...

Very cute! It's funny that I came across your blog...today at a thrift store I bought 4 unfinished wooden shutters for a dollar each! I was trying to think of something to do with them! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a great night!