Sunday, January 4, 2009

Desperate...stop the glare!

What is that awful bright light??? That would be my mirrored shelves on each side of the fireplace. I've decided that I DESPISE them! I'm trying to put things back out after taking down all the Christmas stuff and nothing is working for me on the mantel or on this shelves. I'm realizing how ugly the mirrors are and I just can't get past them! I'm begging for some comments here ladies....what do I do? Pay someone to rip them out? Try to cover them up??? Help! Does anyone have any experience with removing mirrors? The tops of the cabinets are granite and the mirrors really distract from their beauty.

Since being on my cookie break I've just had too much time on my hands!! I'm desperate for a good project or something to spray paint!! I need a fix!!

I'd love some comments....I'm begging of you!!!!


2 comments:

Gypsy aka Tam said...

You could have them ripped out and I don't know how much that would cost. But how about trying to paint them and if you don't like how that turns out you can still rip them out later and wouldn't lose a lot of money?
Have a great Monday,
Tam

Michelle said...

I'd try painting them first. An episode of Trading Spaces one of the designers painted mirrored closet doors and they looked fabulous!

My mom and I removed mirrors from one of their bathrooms and it was a pain removing all the glue that adhered the mirror to the wall.