Thursday, November 13, 2008

Views From My Playroom...

Anyone recognize this scene? It is a vintage 1977 Luke Skywalker and his airplane...not sure of the correct name of this space ship, shout it out if you know! Anyway, these gems belonged to me and my brother way back when. I felt guilty about noon today and told my dear 4 year old I'd play anything he wanted. So, of course he picked Star Wars, his latest obsession since his Nana so kindly dug out all the vintage loot from her attic. Next began the tedious task of playing and the endless questions about all things Star Wars. I tried to answer best I can. They've seen the originals, but not ready for the newer ones. I was told that my gunning noises were not so good and that I did not know how to fly the ships right. The next 30 minutes felt like hours as I tried to defend the ice station from the Storm Troopers...so my mind wandered....
and I began to admire my lovely wall I had done in there! Aren't those pictures just great in those frames? What about the fruits of the spirit spelled out all around the border? but then I refocused and suggested a game instead....

Hey look, I won Tummy Ache. That did not go over well. I honestly and fairly won! Hard to do when you play with a cheater!
All in all it was a nice rainy stay at home day. Gray is still in his PJ's from last night! I am still confused how one can stay home all day, pretty much doing some household task at all times and still feel further behind that when the day started! I'm ready to get out tomorrow!


No comments: