Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My latest find...

Wednesday is my get in trouble day....I had not cruised a few of my favorite spots in awhile. Today I found myself in Consignments 1st. Wow! I had not been in quite awhile. If you need a lamp...go, go go...lamps everywhere. Anyway, I spied these and they "spoke" to me. I scored them for $11.99 and they have already been painted black for me! I'm not sure where there final resting place may be, but I'll let you know when I find a spot.

Since I did not give you much today, I will also share my dinner with you. It is what I refer to as a one pan wonder. All your food groups in one dish! Anyway, it is Chicken Cashew Stirfry and very easy.

These are the noodles I use, but really any noodles will do ya.
Cashew Chicken
2 T. sesame oil (or you can use reg. oil, but the flavor is not as intense)
2 boneless chicken breast cut up
broccoli
cashews
noodles
2 T. cornstarch
4T. soy sauce
garlic
Stir together about 2 t. of minced garlic (i'm lazy and use the jar kind!), cornstarch and soy sauce in a bowl, add cut up chicken and stir together. You can do this in the morning and let it sit in fridge until you are ready to use, or just do it right before. If I have time I like to prep early in the day sometimes.
Heat oil in large pan/skillet. Add chicken and stir fry.
Meanwhile cook noodles according to package. In this brand I use 2 of the 3 bundles of noodles that come in it. These are available at HT in the Asian section.
Add handful of nuts...depending on how much you like...
Add broccoli and stir fry with the rest of the ingredients.
Add noodles and toss everything together. I usually add a little more soy sauce for the final flavoring. If your broccoli still needs a little cooking put a lid on and let it steam it the rest of the way until done.
And there you have and entire dinner in one pan!


1 comment:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yum - looks awesome! And I am bummed for you that you did not score at Good Will. Household stuff has been on the meager side lately, but I bet with people starting to clear out for the holidays, it will get packed again.

And...I will have some good tips for eating healthy - even if the hot fudge didn't fit in that category.
We just went in and bought a COW, yep a cow and split it among other "granolay" type people who want grain fed, nearly organic meat.
My kids are loving life because our freezer and fridge is so packed we are having hamburgers/meat and steak every night this weel just trying to get it all to fit. , and went to Vernon's - but you already know about that. :) I hadn't gotten anything in a while, but our apples were all mealy - ugh. Too far to take them back, but I may try to see what they will do next time.