Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Winning Recipe Is....

The Chocolate Caramel Pecan Potato Chips!!!!
OK, I'll admit they sure don't look too appetizing in the photo I took! But they are heavenly! I'm not the only one who thinks so either...they won best recipe at MOPS last Tuesday.
I cannot take credit for the recipe. Of course it is Southern Living. I opened up my new 2008 SL Christmas book and saw this recipe and new I had to try it! So, here it is....super easy!
1 bag of thick ruffled potato chips (I used Wavy Lays like they suggested)
1 14 oz. bag of Kraft Caramels. (New this year is Kraft caramel bits in a bag so you don't have to unwrap all those caramels...just dump in the bag...yeah!!!)
1/3 c. whipping cream
1 11.5 oz. bag of milk chocolate chocolate chips
2 T. vegtable oil
1 c. finely chopped pecans
Spread whole potato chips in single layers on parchment lined wire racks (I just put foil down on cookie sheets). Combine caramels and cream in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth; remove from heat. Drizzle caramel over chips
.
Melt milk chocolate and veg. oil in a smal bowl, microwave at high 1 1/2 - 2 min. Drizzle chocolate over caramel and then sprinkle with pecans. Cool until hardened...I put mine in the refrig. for faster cooling.
Enjoy!! Definately a party pleaser with the sweet salty action going!


No comments: