Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Reveal!

Okay, I decided to put some fabric in the frame and use it on a decorative ledge that has been a thorn in my great room for about 6 months now. I had a vision I just had to get there slowly.
I stumbled upon this lovely piece on the Printer's Alley clearance table for ..........$1.50!!!! It was the perfect size...I didn't even have to cut it!
I also found these beauties in my mom's attice and got out the spray paint. I spray painted two lamps with hammered bronze spray paint.
While they were drying I got some .97 cent thumbtacks and tacked my perfect fitting fabric remnant into the frame.
Here it is hung on the wall over the ledge over my fireplace....

Here are my lamps with new shades and some urns from Hobby Lobby. I'm taking down that brown leather container on left...it is not right up there. The lights from the lamps give the room a nice soft light and work from the light switch...yeah! It really brought some color into the room!

My total for the fabric frame was just under $28. The lamps were free, spray paint $5.99, shades $40 and urns $30. Oh yeah, and $8 for the feather covered balls hanging from lamps.

So, what do you think? Have I inspired anyone?

No comments: