Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Easy Dinner!

If you have these ingredients plus some boneless chicken breast (or ground beef if you like) you have a quick, nutritious dinner! Here it goes, and remember I'm not a measurer...I'm a dump and taste!
Boil your chicken (2-3 breasts) for about 10 minutes. Then shred it and toss with some seasoning. I like the Pampered Chef Mexican seasoning. You can use a little cumin, or taco seasoning, or nothing, it is fine without any. Meanwhile do some rice. I like the 10 min. Success Boil in the Bag brown rice (more nutritious!) b/c it is EASY, but any rice will do.
When your chicken is done, dump it in a large skillet with a can of corn, can of black beans (organic on these is best) and 1/2 to 3/4 jars of salsa depending on how much you like. Mix all this together on med heat. When it is heated, dump the cheese on top, put the lid on the skillet and keep it on low. When the cheese is all melted serve the mixture on top of the rice. My kids love it! They like to dip chips in too so I usually let them have a few of those on the side.
Slice up some fruit for a side and you've got a great healthy meal!

No comments: