Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday's and Mojito's

Is Monday over yet?  Not quite, but here is visual of where I perched about 2 hours ago.

The fresh mint in my little herb garden was calling my name and I whipped myself up a little end of the day mommy treat.  Now let me say that this is not usual evening behavior for myself...drinking alone in my backyard.  I sound like some Desperate Housewife. But, is is a recipe I came up with last summer and is so refreshing I thought I would share it with you.

The fresh mint is the key here...so if you don't have any start yourself a little herb garden.

First, I make a mint syrup, which I keep in the refrigerator for spur of the moment drinks like this one.  Boil one cup of water with one cup of sugar.  While this is cooling drop about 12-15 fresh mint leaves in the mixture and let it steep for about 2 hours.  Strain out the leaves and refrigerate the syrup until you are read to use.  Now for the recipe

MJ's Mojito's

2 ounces of rum
4 ounces of limeade
2 ounces of mint syrup
4 ounces of club soda

To serve, crush up fresh mint at the bottom of the class...I think the proper term is molt or something like that...just press it with something on the bottom of a class to release the mint. Add crushed ice and pour your drink in the class.

Yummy!  

2 comments:

Kelly said...

sounds yummy! next time I'll join you and bring some margaritas!!

Tennille said...

Sounds awesome-better than a Calgon commercial!!