Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Lost Art of Communication

Emily's post today got me thinking about the lost art of writing.  Remember a time when the only way you knew someone was thinking of you was to get a phone call or a letter in the mail?  Remember when you went to camp and would meet new friends and then you would exchange letters once you returned home? 

When was the last time you actually got some stationary and wrote someone a note, addressed it and put it in the mail?  I must admit that e-mail and Facebook and blogging have completely replaced any letter writing for this girl. 

A few weeks ago a friend of mine stumbled upon this website..

These are a perfect way to support breast cancer! Check out some more cuties...



and check out the address labels too!


I know we all have someone in our life who  would love to get a hand written note of affection or admiration from you.  I challenge you..and myself...to dig out some form of stationary or card you may have hidden away, get out a pen, pen a note, put it in an envelope, dig out your address book, address the envelope, put on a stamp and walk it to the mailbox. Sounds like a lot of work huh?  So much easier just to click on a name and send it on its way.  In my heart I feel that each of us has a person in our life that would treasure the extra effort one would take to do this.

I'd love to hear back from you if you decide to do this! On your way back from the mailbox send me a comment that states how you felt about doing it!

while I was writing this post my children were upstairs playing...they knew nothing of this post.  Well, they just came downstairs asking for an envelope!  It seems they were upstairs writing letters to their friends!  We are addressing them right now!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow-- her stationery is gorgeous! Thanks for the link-- and the reminder. I need to write a letter to my Grandma, who doesn't have internet and is therefore out of my communication loop more often than I'd like to admit. :)

Crissie said...

HOW CUTE!!!! I seriously think just writing a note on something as adorable as that would make me happy...

xoxoxoxo

Sharone, Uncloned said...

This is a great challenge! There's nothing quite like a handwritten note, one not prompted by an event (like a thank you card). :)

Bee said...

You know, I just adopted a soldier and was going to sit down and type her a letter in the morning. I'm thinking now that I'll sit down and write her a letter instead. Let's just hope she can read my handwriting!