Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Weekend Getaway....

We are still missing our dog so we decided to head to Pennsylvania to see relatives and enjoy some snow. We figured it would be freezing in NC all weekend so why not freeze and see some snow as well.
This is the estate we stayed at. It is my husbands first cousins house. They bought it a few years ago and are in the process of redoing it. It was custom built in the early 70's and the upstairs is still untouched! It is a true Diamond in the Ruff. I decided to share some of the photos with you

This is the kitchen. I mentally remodeled this kitchen in my head all weekend. The possibilities are just endless....it really is quite fabulous. The cabinets are preserved so well, like they had never been used. They would be so awesome painted!


This is the Pepto Bismol bottle pink master suite! Oh my! Not sure I could wake up to those walls each day!



Look it is me! Do you see me? This is the hall bath wallpaper. The fixtures in there are a fabulous lime green with some kickin vinyl floor.





This is the Ronald McDonald Room. Ketchup meets mustard!





I just really want you to appreciate the brightness of that red shag carpet!






This would be the Green Room.







This is the blue room, of course it has matching blue shag carpet too!
I don't mean to make fun of this house, because it truly is an awesome house. I would have bought it in a heartbeat. When it is all done it will be glorious! I'm sorry to say that I did not get to witness the purple shag carpet that covered the entire first floor, along with matching purple walls. They said that was the first to go!
We had a wonderful weekend and appreciate the hospitality that was extended to us!






No comments: