Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Blur of January


Oops, its Saturday, but I'm still linking with The Inspired Room for Melissa's Linky Friday, to discuss the beauty we are finding each week.
I'm pondering the end of my January. Where did it go? What did I do? Is it measured by 3 swim lessons, at least 10 trips to tae kwon do, 250 cookies, the loss of a beloved pet, painting something in my house, trip to Pennsylvania, maintaining family time, enjoying friendships....?
Yes, I think it is. But, I think it is measured by our attitude in which we do all these things. Having a good attitude in what we do and accepting that it is OK not to get everything done perfectly or sometimes at all. My new shelves have been finished for almost 2 weeks and I have
not opened a paint can yet to finish them!
I've been reading Psalm 139 (all 24 verses!) everyday this week. "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughs from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways." HE KNOWS US!
Have a blessed weekend!
MJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He does have a plan for us and it is good! Thanks for the wonderful post.
-Kim

Teresa said...

Yes, January was a blur. I enjoyed your comments.