Monday, November 3, 2008

Recipe of the Week

I made some delicious Vegtable Beef Stew last night and I thought I'd share the recipe. A good fall dish!! Sorry no picture....lazy again with the camera!


Vegtable Beef Stew
V8 juice
Beef bouillion cube
water
beef (3/4 - 1 lb)- you can use stew meat, but I like to get the HT Angus (the better stuff) fondue meat, it is in much smaller pieces and comes out more tender.
flour
carrots - I like the big ones not the baby carrots- so I use 3-4 long ones cut up
potatoes - I like to use red - I use about 4-5 small to med cut up
1 bag of frozen mixed veg. - I use HT organic
garlic
2 t. thyme (no big deal to leave out if you don't have)
Put meat in a zip lock bag, add about 3T. of flour and shake until meat is coated in flour. Brown the meat in hot oil and garlic.
In large stockpot add 4 cups of V-8 juice and 2 cups of water, and the bouillion cube (one large or 2 small). Add the browned meat, carrots and potatoes and simmer for about 2 hours. Then throw in the bag of frozen vegtables for another hour. You can keep simmering the stew as long as you want until you are ready to eat. Or you can use your crock pot. Mine hates me so I rarely use it. If you don't have enough liquid (some people like it really soupy, some don't), just add more v8 or water to your liking.
I now have lunch for a few days too!
Kid report: 1 liked it, 1 did not.

No comments: